We take our relationships with our supply chain very seriously. They are an extension of our team and the way we work with them is undoubtedly a key part of our success.
It goes without saying that we demand the best. But here at Spirit Energy, we see that as a two-way street. Not only do we rigorously assess the quality and capability of our supply base, we also hold ourselves accountable as a customer and manage our relationships with integrity.
We also expect our suppliers to act in line with our Core Values of Delivery, Collaboration, Agility, Courage and Care, and to comply with our ethical, social, safety and environmental requirements, including our vision of an Incident Free Workplace.
We are working with our supply chain partners across the countries in which we operate to respond to the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak. For more information, please get in touch with your regular contact in the first instance, or our Procurement & Supply Chain team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
BECOMING A SUPPLIER
We can proudly point to many contractor relationships that we have built-up over the years, and we are always keen to hear from prospective suppliers that are interested in working with us. You just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Get in touch. Send us an email with your company name, location, annual turnover and contact details. Don’t forget to include a brief overview of the services or goods your company provides, and your HSE record.
- New suppliers (and periodically, existing ones) are vetted in line with our supplier onboarding processes. Once we’ve had a look at your information, we’ll pass it on to the relevant teams (copying you). They will make contact if appropriate.
- Here’s another tip. In the UK and the Netherlands, we use FPAL to identify potential suppliers, while in Norway and Denmark, we use EPIM JQS. So, we would recommend that suppliers looking to work with us are registered accordingly.
IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO
We’re no commitment-phobe. We welcome the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships hinged on reliability, respect, trust and performance. And here are a few reasons that we think we are worth the effort.
As a signatory to the industry ‘Supply Chain Code of Practice’ we pride ourselves in treating our suppliers as mutual partners. We actively participate in industry initiatives designed to create a collaborative, value-focused supply chain that maximises economic recovery for the areas in which we operate.
We aim to provide our suppliers with:
- Consistency in our expectations
- An invitation to be included in early planning
- Collaborative behaviours
- Mutually beneficial relationships
We ask our suppliers to reciprocate this by assuring:
- Quality in materials, equipment and/or services
- Safe and incident-free operations
- Great delivery
- They are innovative in seeking opportunities that add value for Spirit and our supply chain
ANNUAL SUPPLIER CONFERENCE
At Spirit Energy’s annual supplier conference, we aim to create an environment in which our strategic partners have the opportunity to build better working relationships throughout our business. We also use the event as a platform through which to share our progress and plans, and recognise those that have significantly helped us deliver on our goals.
OUR POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Across our operations, together with our supply chain partners, we adhere to a range of policies and procedures, from prioritising safety to being a responsible business and employer:
MODERN DAY SLAVERY
We have a zero-tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking, underpinned by our Modern Slavery Statement, which outlines the steps we have taken as an organisation to assess our operations and supply chain, and mitigate any risk of slavery and human trafficking.
We are committed to conducting business ethically and responsibly, and tackling slavery and human rights wherever we can.