Privacy and Cookies
Spirit Energy Limited and its affiliates* believe it is important to protect your privacy, and so we are committed to giving you a service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy, and tells you certain things we will not do.
1. Collecting information
We may collect information about you from a number of sources, including the following:
· when you sign up to our email alert and/or newsletter service.
· when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us.
· From any social media account you have contacted us from.
Please note that while we don’t explicitly collect personal identifiable information, we will treat any information held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Using information
2.1 - Information you provide or we hold about you may be used by us or companies within our group to:
1. identify you when you contact us;
2. help run, and contact you about improved running of, any services we have provided before, or may provide now or in the future;
3. carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling and create statistical and testing information;
4. help to prevent and detect fraud or loss; and
5. keep you updated if you have subscribed to our newsletter.
We may also allow your information to be used by other Spirit Energy Group companies (including those using different brands used by our affiliates from time to time) for them to carry out any of the above purposes.
2.2 - We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you:
1. as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses;
2. if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
3. as part of current or future legal proceedings.
From time to time, these other people and organisations may be outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for data as the UK.
2.3 - We may monitor and record communications with you for quality assurance and compliance.
2.4 - Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in this document, and that they have not objected to the uses of their information described in it.
3. Protecting information
We have strict security measures to protect information. This includes following certain procedures such as encrypting (encoding) all the communications between you and our website.
Our website uses an Extended Validation SSL certificate that provides the strongest encryption level available.
Strictly Necessary (Essential for making our site work properly)
These cookies let you move around the website and support essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. Such cookies are essential to provide you with the desired website experience and are not used for gathering information, remembering your preferences or advertising products or services to you. If you disable these cookies your experience of our website may be affected, and we may not be able to provide some services to you.
Performance (Collect information about how you use our website)
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Functionality (Used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit)
Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings (such as layout, text size, font, and other customisable parts of our web pages) to improve your experience. Items such as survey offers, web chat session offers, display your settings, and identifying you as being logged in to our website are all supported by functionality cookies. The information these cookies collects may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
More detailed information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
* Affiliate being the ultimate holding company and any subsidiary (other than Spirit Energy Limited) of Spirit Energy Limited’s ultimate holding company (as the terms “holding company” and “subsidiary” are defined in Section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006)