Spirit Energy Limited and its affiliates* believe it is important to protect your privacy, and so we are committed to giving you a service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This notice explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy and tells you certain things we will not do.
For Spirit Energy’s oil and gas exploration and production activity, the data controller is Spirit Energy Limited.
This privacy notice explains your statutory rights and how we collect and use your personal data. It describes the processing activities that are carried out by Spirit Energy in relation to this website, the purposes for which these activities are performed and the legal bases that Spirit Energy relies upon for these processing activities.
This notice applies to personal data we hold. It does not apply to information which we hold about companies and other legal organisations. In the vast majority of cases, the data which Spirit Energy processes is not personal data.
You can contact Spirit Energy’s data protection officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Spirit Energy Limited, IQ Building, 15 Justice Mill Lane, Aberdeen AB11 6EQ.
You can also contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not collect any personal information about individuals unless it is specifically and knowingly provided by them. If you decide to contact us or send us an email enquiry or we collect your personal information and use that information as required for us to handle your query. Examples of the private information we may collect include your name, email address, occupation and country. We may use that information to tell you about the company’s latest news, to communicate with you or share information that you have asked for.
If you exercise any of your statutory rights under Data Protection Law, we will keep a record of this and how we respond.
When you apply to become part of the Spirit Energy team via our career’s website and online application form, your information will be processed solely for the purposes in which it is provided and will be retained for a period necessary to comply with our legal and administrative requirements.
We will collect personal data from the following sources:
- Directly from you: When you communicate with us directly or in some other way e.g. by submitting information via our website, applying for a job, make a claim or complaint, exercise your statutory rights, contact us by phone or email.
- Our website: We collect information about how you use our website.
We may store or transfer your personal data to our other Group companies around the world. We transfer and store your personal data with security measures in place. In certain circumstances, we may share your information with selected service providers who perform functions on our behalf such as providing IT and other support and maintenance services that help us run the website. Our service providers will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We have the right to share your information with law enforcement or public authorities if legally required to do so, or to prevent security, fraud or technical issues.
Spirit Energy is part of a multi-national organisation, and in common with other organisations, we may use third parties located in other countries to help us run our business. As a result, personal data may be transferred outside the countries where we and our counterparties are located. This may include countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and to countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal data. In such cases we take steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data outside the EEA are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EEA to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses.
We will keep your personal data for as long as necessary in order to achieve the processing purposes for which it was collected, before making it non-identifiable or deleting it.
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used, and from whom we collect your personal data when we obtain it from other sources.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- The right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances.
- The right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to object to us processing your personal data ((1) where we have a legitimate interest to do so, as listed in section 3, but your rights override ours based on your particular situation (which you will need to explain to us), (2) where we are processing it for the purpose of direct marketing, or (3) because we are using automated means to make decisions that have a legal or similarly significant effect).
- The right to withdraw your consent.
You only have the benefits of some of the above rights in limited circumstances, which depend on the legal reason why we collected your personal data.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
If you have any privacy-related questions or comments, please contact Spirit Energy’s data protection officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Spirit Energy Limited, IQ Building, 15 Justice Mill Lane, Aberdeen AB11 6EQ.
You can also contact our data protection officer at email@example.com
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
We may occasionally update this Policy. This privacy notice was last updated on 1 October 2019.
- The information contained in this website has been prepared solely for the purposes of providing general information about the Spirit Energy Group and/or its affiliates.
- The information contained on this website ('the Information”) which shall include, without limitation, information contained in press releases, blogs, reports, policies, presentations and other downloadable documents, video interviews, and other financial information does not constitute advice or an offer to sell or deal in any securities and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision. Past performance is no guide to future performance and persons needing advice should consult an independent financial adviser.
- Spirit Energy has taken care in the preparation of the content of this website. The Information presented is believed to be reliable but is subject to change at any time without notice. To the extent permitted by law, Spirit Energy disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
- Spirit Energy shall not be liable for any loss which may arise from the use of the Information.
- Spirit Energy does not represent that the Information is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete. In particular, the information contained in press releases, annual or interim reports, audio webcasts, video interviews, transcripts and presentations and financial information should not be deemed correct or current. Spirit Energy shall not accept any liability for the accuracy or completeness of the Information and does not, does not intend to, and specifically disclaims any duty to, update or correct Information.
- The site may from time to time have certain links which will lead you to websites which are not under the control of Spirit Energy. If you activate any of these, you will leave the Spirit Energy website and Spirit Energy has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any other website.
- If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to Spirit Energy or its licensors. Any person may copy any part of this material, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may be used for non-commercial purposes;
- The copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material; and
- The products, technology or processes described in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Spirit Energy or by other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights. Images on this site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owner(s).
Spirit Energy Limited - Registered office and Corporate Headquarters
Spirit Energy Limited
1st Floor, 20 Kingston Road, Staines-Upon-Thames
Registered in England & Wales No 10854461
VAT registration number: GB279287740